Who is Netsertive?
We are a technology and digital marketing intelligence company that empowers product brands & local businesses to win the fight online. We combine this advanced technology with deep knowledge of specific vertical industries, partnering closely with local businesses, multi-location retailers, and national brands to drive sales opportunities in their targeted local markets throughout North America.
We don't hesitate to go left when others go right, or bob while everyone else weaves. We are the purple cows of the world. We are not for everyone and applicants seeking a job instead of an awesome career need not apply. Ping Pong happens to be our favorite Olympic Sport. Even if you don’t play, you have to enjoy being a spectator!
Is your motto “work hard, play hard”?
You are self-motivated and competitive person, but you are also a team player. You are an ambitious overachiever who thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly growing and sometimes chaotic environment. You are someone who likes to understand why things are broken, and come up with new ideas to fix them. Your vocabulary does not include the words “okay” or “acceptable.” With regards to high standards, your bar is higher than the rest. You are a pack leader, not a follower. You connect with clients in a genuine way in order to manage expectations, obtain information, advance their objectives and deliver results. You thrive on the excitement, agility and pace of a start-up environment and are adept at prioritizing (and re-prioritizing) tasks and resolving unexpected events on a daily basis. You are enthusiastic and excited to work with a team of professionals to solve problems and generate results.
As a Lead User Experience Designer (UI / UX), this describes you:
You are a naturally curious individual and a design-geek. (Punch-clock designers need not apply.) You have a healthy obsession with the world’s design and UX trends – and you are not afraid to share your opinion on them. Your work is disciplined – not rushed, sloppy, messy or “good enough.” We can rely on you to roll-up your sleeves and jump in wherever needed. Sometimes, people even think you are some kind of superhero!
You create interactive designs that effectively communicate with both internal and external audiences. You arrange content to move the user to the desired response and generate the greatest impact possible. You consciously employ aesthetic detail to influence human behavior. Davinci would be proud of the masterpieces you create on a daily basis. You should have the heart of both a learner and a mentor, willing to gain the wisdom of others, and share yours with the team. As a player on this team, you openly share your ideas and allow room for others to elaborate on concepts of their own. You share the floor, spotlight and room with your team.
You also build great user interfaces that simplify complex interactions and bring value to the life of the user. You use well-demonstrated skills in the User Experience and User Interface Design disciplines, solidly informed by user-centric standards. That said, you are not afraid to go left when all others go right. You look to change things for the better – your life, your work, or even the company. You seek meaningful work – making a difference matters to you.
What does the Lead User Experience Designer (UI / UX) do?
- Create sitemaps, user flows, wireframes and other tools to communicate information architecture.
- Document design and project methodology.
- Develop simple interactive prototypes.
- Define UX & UI standards and best practices.
- Lead the development of the UX/UI practice of the Development Team.
- Translate customer and user needs and requirements into relevant, simple, elegant, and powerful UI Experiences that encourage adoption, signups and/or conversion.
- Conduct usability testing of web apps (SaaS), websites, tools and apps.
- Sell, support, explain, and simply present designs and UI design methodology to clients of varying audiences.
- Create beautiful and usable interface designs that will direct front-end developers on execution of a final product.
- Refine existing internal UX/UI internal processes.
- Job includes 15% travel.
What are the required skills?
- Strong portfolio of applying user-centered design practices to website design (web software, SaaS, mobile app design).
- Experience designing responsive and mobile-friendly web experiences.
- Experience with interaction design analysis and prototyping tools, e.g., Illustrator, Photoshop, Visio, Balsamiq, Axure.
- Experience creating audience personas, information architecture, wireframes, user flows.
- Ethic of evidenced-based design decision-making, using audience research and analytics to drive decision-making.
- Previous experience partnering with development teams.
- Work experience with large, reference- and transaction-oriented websites and responsive design methodologies / systems.
- Strong presentation, advocacy and communication skills.
- Strong familiarity with production-level code (HTML/CSS/JS) for emails, landing pages, rich internet apps (RIA), and websites.
What work experience and degree do I need to have?
- 5-10+ years’ experience in web design, UX design or UI design.
- 2 or more years of design leadership experience overseeing user-centered design methodologies, user centered design and usability.
- BA/BS Degree in human factors, graphic design, behavioral science, computer science (with HCI focus) psychology, user experience design or closely related discipline.